Q: What is Fantasy Baseball?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball 2016
Fantasy Baseball Prize Games
Free Fantasy Baseball
No Matter Which Game You Choose
Fantasy Baseball gives you the opportunity to run your own team of professional baseball players. You draft your team of the best players from across MLB and receive points based on those players' performance in MLB games each week of the baseball season. You set lineups, propose, accept and reject trades, sign free agents, and compete against other teams in your league. If you have a group of friends you can form your own league. Or you can find a league to play in with other members of our site. No matter what your skill level is, we have a game that is right for you.
Q: What is the difference between your Baseball Commissioner and Free Fantasy Baseball Games?
- Baseball Commissioner - This is simply the best way to experience Fantasy Baseball with a group of your friends. Commissioner lets you easily setup a league and customize it anyway your league sees fit - the draft, schedule, scoring system, transaction rules, and just about anything else your league could ever want. Commissioner also gives your league incredible the trash-talking tools including a league message board, a chat room, and even lets you post your own news stories with pictures and videos. Click Here for more information about Baseball Commissioner.
- Free Fantasy Baseball - This is great for beginners or those who just aren't ready to pay to play. It's the same great Fantasy Baseball experience that our Commissioner product delivers without the cost. Find a league from hundreds to choose from, or create your own. We act as commissioner and set all the rules for you. You simply manage your team and try to beat the rest of the league. Click Here for more information about Free Fantasy Baseball.
Q: What are some of the features that CBSSports.com offers?
There are so many features, we had to create a whole other page to list them. Click Here
to see the list.
Q: How much does it cost to play Fantasy Baseball?
Baseball Commissioner costs $179.99 ($149.99 if you purchase during the special prepay promotional period) for the whole season - this includes all of your league's owners up to 30 teams. Free Fantasy Baseball is, well.....free!
Q: Is it easy to setup and run my league?
Yes. Getting your league up and running is a snap. The league setup process has been revamped in order to make it as easy as possible for you to create your league. We even offer standard setup options on which you can base your league. Once the league is setup, you can customize it as much or as little as you like. You'll invite your friends to join along, set your own rules, customize your scoring system and we'll do the rest.
Q: How can I renew the same Baseball Commissioner league I played last year?
Everything is right where you left it, including all of your league's important information such as: team rosters, rules, history and scoring system among others. Go to your Baseball Commissioner league home page and click in the new message area in your league's header at the top of the page to renew the league for this season.
Q: Can your site support a Keeper or Dynasty league?
Yes. We were built to support keeper and dynasty leagues. All league information is retained on the site from season to season. Use our Keeper options to decide how many players will be kept from season to season, how the owners of your league will select keepers, the date that keepers need to be determined by, and how that applies to the draft. We also include salary and contract information if your league uses those features.
Q: What types of customization options do you support?
We offer just about any option you can think of. Just to name a few:
- Drafting Options - We offer Live Drafts, Live Auction Drafts, Automated Drafts, and Extended Drafts all in our online draft room. If you aren't drafting online, you can get your friends together and input the draft results real-time as they are being picked, or enter them in after the draft. For all drafts, you can enter your own draft order and customize it anyway you need to.
- Player/Position Options - Choose which positions you want to use in your league and how many of each a team can have. You can set the number of players each team starts each week, the size of the bench, and even setup a DL and Minor Leaguers. You can choose to use just American League players, just National League, or both.
- Scoring Options - You can play Rotisserie or Head to Head. We offer multiple Head to Head options including Head to Head Category based scoring. Once you've setup your scoring system, you can choose from hundreds of scoring categories to use in your league and how much they will be worth.
- Transaction Options - You can make up all of the rules for your league including how and when owners will make add/drops in your league - we offer the traditional waivers process, FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget), or set it up your own way. You can also decide how your league deals with trades.
- Scheduling Options - You can set your league's schedule anyway you want to and decide when and for how long scoring periods last (Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly).
- And Much Much More - With Baseball Commissioner you can control just about every aspect of your league.
Fantasy Baseball Prize Leagues
Q: How much money can I win playing in a Prize League?
There are 5 different prize levels:
Gold $150 League Champion
Platinum $600 League Champion
Diamond $1,100 League Champion, 2nd Place: $500
Double Diamond $2,500 League Champion, 2nd Place: $1,000
Elite League Champion $5,000, 2nd Place: $2,000
Q: Is it easy to get into a league?
Yes. We have hundreds of leagues to choose from each with their own unique setup and draft dates/times. Finding a league to join is never a problem. If you don't see one to your liking, you can create your own for others to join.
Q: Do Prize Leagues offer daily lineup changes?
Yes. In Prize Leagues you can create or join a league that offers daily lineup changes rather than the traditional weekly. It's great for those who want more control over their team on a daily basis.
Free Fantasy Baseball
Q: Is it easy to get started?
Yes. Simply create a team for free and find a league to join.
Q: How do I draft a team?
Each league has a draft date and time. You can select a league that has a draft date and time that works for you. Once that time comes, you simply go to your league and enter our live draft room where you can select players for your team along with the other members of the league. If you don't have the time for a live draft, we also offer leagues that use our automated draft room where you can pre-rank players and the system will assign them to teams based on the draft order and each teams' rankings.
Q: Are there any prizes for playing in a Free league?
Yes, there is a $10,000 prize for eligible participants that win a league and will be determined by a random drawing at the conclusion of the season.
No Matter Which Game You Choose
Q: What kinds of notifications can I receive to help me manage my team?
You can schedule e-mail delivery of all the reports in your Fantasy league. When the reports arrive in your inbox, we refer to them as E-Reports. This includes statistics and standings reports, as well as news updates about your players and more. Plus we'll send notifications every time there is a league add/drop, trade offered to you, posts to the league message board, and just about anything else you need to be alerted about.
Q: Is Live Scoring Included?
Yes. Widely regarded as the industry leader, our lightning fast live scoring is included for every owner of the league.
Q: Can I access my team on my mobile device?
Absolutely. Set your lineup, make add/drops, and check your live scoring from just about any mobile device.
NOTE: Current projections are placeholders based on player three-year averages. Complete 2018 projections will be available in early January